Thursday, October 13, 2005

Halo Action X3

What's one way to make multi player Halo better? Add more players of course. But we've gone one better. Owie got his grubby hands on a Wireless Router. Now we're pretty stupid when it comes to IT. But we've got all this ethernet cable and a router, 3 Xbox's and a TV each. So how hard could it be? So rather than just sitting there thinking about the technical side of things I simply suggested "just plug it all in and see if the bitch fires up!". I may as well add that we've had troubles in the past as there are diffrent types of ethernet cable and not all of them work with Xbox. But on this occasion it worked a treat! So there we were, one Xbox in the loungeroom with the widescreen and 5.1 pissing the neighbours off and the other two in a seperate room. Carnage! Poor Yutang got home and didn't know what to make of it all.

 

But I got to say as fun as it all is (and it is the best game action you can get) my heart is set on getting Xbox Live once I get rid of the dodgy Optus connection I have at the moment. But I've got to convince the other guys to get it as well. Then there's the added complication of the up and coming Xbox 360. Will the guys go Xbox in the next gen console war or will Sony's marketing machine lure them into an over priced "entertainment" unit? Watch this space.

No comments: