Saturday, July 15, 2006

Nintendo GB Micro & Mario Kart DS

One of those good day days today. Got Mario Kart DS so NEW Super Mario Bros (gay name I'm sorry) will have to wait a little longer. Got it relatively cheap (AUS$47). But the big scoop was getting a Gameboy Micro for a gob smackingly low AUS$50!!!! I honestly figured it to be a mistake. But no mistake was made. GBM is now mine and I'm really stoked!

Firstly Mario Kart DS. I love this new title. Short time was spent fooling with the settings to get Wi-Fi set up. But a connection was made and my choice to invest in a wireless modem/ router was once again showing to be a god sent. Got stuck into a Region game. No single player nonsense as I figured I'd go straight into it. I was up against some stiff competition first up. Some guy who seems to live on there with 10 times more wins than anyone else plus 2 other guys. I actually managed to come 1st in my first race! But the fun stopped there. Bummed out here and there and ended up 3rd. I loved the new weapons and the new courses look absolutely excellent. I'm looking forward to more MKDS.




As for the Gameboy Micro, well what a buy! Not bad considering I was originally seeing if I could find an original GBA but saw the price tag on the Micro and JUST HAD TO ASK! The Micro is damn small. Bit bigger than a box of matches. Screen is really cool. So bright and easy to view. Buttons handle well but L and R buttons are a little way off to reach in a hurry. This thing is best suited to RPG's I think. Text can be read with little hassles. Face plate is a cool idea. My first eBay search shall be to get the Game & Watch plate as I collect Game & Watches (have 12 G&W's with 3 of them in original boxes!). Down side to the Micro is it won't run Gameboy Colour or plain old sucky GB games. No real heart ache but Zelda: Ages and Seasons are games I'm meaning to finish off! But overall this new mean little monster is one heck of a console. I'm not even sure if you could class it as a console as it's so small!

 

No comments: