Friday, April 15, 2005

Real (Pain in the Butt) Estate Agents

I would just like to know one thing... how the heck do Real Estate agents keep organised enough to actually turn a profit. What I am getting at is my recent experience in Unit hunting. Renting that is. The amount of mix ups... miscommunication and blunders are incredible. What makes it even more incredible that these errors occur is the fact that all the technology in the world is available to them to avoid these blunders. Gizmo's like mobile Pocket PC's. Laptops and even more traditional PC's could break the communication. Yet I think it's more of a local cultural problem that is the major factor here. Aussies just accept bad customer service.

In Japan the Real Estate agents are not too busy eating lunch to even look at you when you talk to them. They actually will take you unit to unit till they find something you are happy with. No "You've got the place... umm... actually no you don't". These local real estate agents are the ones who in a couple years time are going to be trying to talk me into buying with their agents. I'm taking notes.

No comments: