Sunday, April 17, 2005

Panel Damage

 Today I did a whoopsie. I hit my car into a car park pilon while reverse parking. Now while I give you time to laugh and say suck shit let me explain. The pilon was the same colour as the wall behind it. So looking into the side rear mirror it simply looked like the wall. But I heard a sickening crunch and I was totally confused as to what the hell had happened at the time! Why paint the pilons the same colour as the wall? In a dark underground carpark too. Well so now I am left with a buckle in the rear quarter panel of the driver side. The main reason why I liked the car to begin with was the fact it was so straight too! DOH! So now I need to track down a good panel beater.

Working in car rental means that I can park vehicles better than most people. However it was not my driving skills that let me down. It was my lack of looking! But I still am angry at the shop owners for shitty lighting in the car park area!

No comments: