Thursday, September 04, 2008

Re-Formatting Dramas

Just been having some problems with this PC of late. Facebook applications forced my PC to be re-formatted as I had inadvertantly accepted a Spyware or Malware laddened peice of software which resulted in pop ups galore everytime I opened a new browser window or searched anything. So I bit the bullet and deleted everything (after a quick backup using Norton 360) and now I'm experiencing the pain of starting from scratch.

 

Problems faced with re-formatting:

 


  • D-Link Wireless Card (DWL-G510) - Now always throws up the following message on start up: "AirGCFG.exe Entry Point not found" and "WZCSLDR2.exe Entry Point not found". I have installed the latest driver off the net to try and rectify this... no luck! Only a slight problem and maybe fixable if I contact D-Link (or if someone sees this entry after a Google search and has the answer!!! Open-mouthed  Pain factor: Baring teethBaring teeth
  • HP Printer Software - Unable to install the software and drivers. Halfway through installation I get an interupt message stating that HP Installer Otion Plug-In needs to close. I had this running before the re-format although the HP software was always kinda buggy. It failed to close whenever I wanted to shut down the system. Hate to say it but the Lexmark software was better but they both suck and are seemingly outdated looking software apps. I am downloading the most up to date driver off the net as the one I was using was on the CD-ROM supplied and I am thinking that the XP Service Pack 3 has something to do with this error. I am hoping anyways! Pain factor: Baring teethBaring teethBaring teethBaring teeth

I have so many more programs left to install and it's not going well so far! Here's what's left to install:


  • MS Office 2007 (That's gonna suck)
  • MS Frontpage
  • Windows Live
  • iTunes
  • Adobe Album 2
  • Xara software

Wish me luck!

No comments: