Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Everyone... EVERYONE! Meet Jedda

Yutang has long wanted to meet up with the new puppy at my parents place. Since our long time family dog, Snoopy, died, Patch has been a bit lonely. It took a lot of convincing but my dad finally decided to get a new puppy for the "change of guards" so to speak. So introducing "Jedda"!

Jedda is a great cross breed. Part Kelpie and part Blue Cattle Dog. Perfect dog for the country and extremely smart breed. Perhaps one of the smartest dogs you could hope to find.

Kinda funny how my mum would go about calling the new puppy Jedda. I had just finished explaining to my wife that Jedda would make a good name for a dog. Jedda comes from the first Australian movie to be shot in colour. The movie was a cultural hit. A sad love story about a half aboriginal/ white girl who ends up in a love triangle that leads to trouble.

Yutang loved the story behind the name and named one of her Nintendog puppies, Jedda.

Forward on 2 months later and we get news that a new puppy was entering the family and my mum had called the pup... Jedda! How this coincidence came about I simply don't know but the name is a great one and suits this great little girl!

No comments: