Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Job Envy

Just got word that a mate of mine who use to be all jealous of the fact that I was working for Sega here in Sydney Australia on the Sega Hotline as a professional game player is now working for Sega in Japan! So basically he saw my Sega Hotline job and raised me a Japanese location! This guy speaks fluent Japanese which is something I never got the chance to learn in school. Back in 1990 I was running my own Fanzine (as we didn't have internet back then we resorted to more dire actions to get our opinions out there!) called "The Sega Times" and once I got my job in Sega I kinda let it go and stopped running the fanzine. But we wanted to run up a magazine of our own simply called Vid Gamzin' which was going to feature ALL consoles. We had our own artist who thrived on drawing SF2 characters with huge muscles and small heads! We had mates queing up to get reviews printed. There was me with the internal access to Sega and Gwyn my mate who wrote the longest reviews in a flash and LOVED RPG's!

Well the magazine didn't eventuate for one reason or another. Mostly because I was as poor as anything spending money on going out on the piss! But mostly because some people who promised to kick in and fund it ran off when the time came to produce the dough. But who'd have thought 10 years later there'd be this whole internet thingy and games would be downloaded and portable colour games would be played via a thing called Wi-Fi and against people from around the world?

Good luck with the job in Sega Gwyn and you know one thing is for sure. I'm as jealous as all &*^&^%&! LOL

No comments: