Friday, September 02, 2005

You Play Like a Girl

Funny thing happened in Indoor Cricket last Tuesday. We got onto the court to field first and when the other team sent their 2nd batting pair in there was <<gasp>> A FEMALE PLAYER!  So who does the captain give the ball to first? Me of course. Now in 10 years of playing the sport I've only really played against maybe 4 or 5 female players in that whole time. So I figured if she wants to play in a mens competition then I'll bowl normal. After a couple of wides to her partner she finally had to face. First bowl comes out of my hand (a touch slower than the previous 2) and it ends up taking out middle stump! Do I celebrate like normal by punching the air? Do I cheer like normal? No... in fact it was kinda weird. No one said anything! LOL The whole team just kind of... stood there.

 

The last ball they had to face was a strange one too. The guy had to face and he just kind of walked up the pitch with only 1 hand on the bat and got bowled out. He apparently had the shits with us bowling "too fast" to the chick. We huddled around while waiting for the next batting pair to arrive and we asked "what was that about?" and when we found out he protested against our bowling I asked "is there a rule against that?" and the ring in player we had said "no stuff it... this is a Mens Division we bowl like men!" to that we all cheered and agreed!

 

The next day at work I gloated (jokingly) to a workmate "guess what I did the other night in cricket?" to which he normally rolls his eyes "I bowled a chick out!" which made his eyes light up instead. "EXCELLENT!" was the reply!

No comments: