Saturday, August 13, 2005

Things are Up and Also Down

Things are kind of topsy turvy at the moment. Work is suffering with an increase in customer complaints (and of course I'm the one who has to hear them directly from the customers). But work is beginning to show signs of a big change in direction for me personally. Nothing concrete yet but I may be responsible for the Intranet site for work. My challenge is learning how to use a program called MySource. Currently in my Indoor Cricket (www.blackouthouse.com) site I use MS FrontPage 2002. It's easy as it is simply a matter of cut and paste what you want in an easy WYSIWYG format. It also has some plug in programs to do some fancy bells and whistles stuff to impress the visitors to the site. But this MySource looks robust however clunky. No cut and paste here. No no no. If you cut and paste then you'll copy over all the messy coding with it and end up with silly html coding all over your screen. But I've seen sites that use MySource and one thing I've noticed about them. They are clean! No mess on the screen and very tidy looking. Something that impresses me.

 

Bottom line is that I must now look at learning this new software and then impressing my work with my finished product. Maybe (and that's a big FAT maybe) I'll be asked to do it full time!

No comments: